Reminder: Informational meetings on Sign Ordinance (including billboards) start August 12
Post date: Aug 12, 2013 4:47:01 PM
Dear Shingle Springs residents and supporters,
The Sign Ordinance will dictate how the county deals with billboards and other signs. The current Sign Ordinance is only two pages long. The proposed Sign Ordinance is 35 pages long. Both documents are attached for your reference. People from all over the county asked the Board of Supervisors to put a new Sign Ordinance in place to simply get rid of all the billboards and reduce sign clutter. The Board of Supervisors has stated that it takes 7 years to amortize and remove billboards. Initial feedback on the proposed Sign Ordinance is that it is unnecessarily complex.
Here is a list of public meetings to get more information:
August 12, 2013: 3:00-4:30 p.m. and 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. in the Planning Commission Hearing Room
August 14, 2013: Agricultural Commission Meeting, 6:30 p.m. in the Board of Supervisors Chamber
August 19, 2013: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. in the Planning Commission Hearing Room
August 22, 2013: Planning Commission Meeting, 9:00 a.m. in their Hearing Room
(The Planning Commission Hearing Room is located at 2850 Fairlane Court, in Building C of the Government Center in Placerville. The Board of Supervisors Chamber is located at 330 Fair Lane, in Building A of the Government Center.)
Please contact the Planning Commissioners and Board of Supervisors and let them know that you'd like a simple Sign Ordinance approved as soon as possible to rid the county of unwanted billboards and sign clutter.
Contact info for Planning Commission:
1. Rich Stewart, District I, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Dave Pratt, District II, email@example.com
3. Tom Heflin, District III, (530)621-7400, Ext. 2156, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Walter Mathews, District IV, (530) 621-7400, Ext. 2157, email@example.com
5. Brian Shinault, District V, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Roger Trout, Director, Dev. Svcs. (530) 621-5369, email@example.com
Contact info for Board of Supervisors:
1. Ron Mikulaco, Supervisor District I, (530) 621-5650, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ray Nutting, Supervisor District II, (530) 621-5651, email@example.com
3. Brian Veerkamp, Supervisor District III, (530) 621-5652, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Ron Briggs, Supervisor District IV, (530) 621-6513, email@example.com
5. Norma Santiago, Supervisor District V, (530) 621-6577, firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a sample email that you may use and revise as you wish. Please share this information with friends and neighbors.
Thank you for your support to keep Shingle Springs Rural!
cc: <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Comment on Comprehensive Sign Ordinance, File #13-0086
Dear Ms. MacLeod,
I support the approval of a simple Sign Ordinance, such as the existing Chapter 17.16 Sign Ordinance, to address offensive billboards or billboards placed in a scenic corridor. I would like the new ordinance approved as soon as possible to rid the county of unwanted billboards and sign clutter.
[Your town or address]