Important update about Board of Supervisors Special Meeting on Monday, 9/30/13, 10:00am
Post date: Sep 27, 2013 1:16:12 AM
Dear Shingle Springs residents and supporters,
The agenda for the Board of Supervisors Special Meeting on Monday, September 30, 2013, at 10:00am is attached. To see documentation and staff reports associated with each item, open the agenda and click on the blue link next to each item number.
Here is a quick run down on the agenda items:
Items #1 and #2 are informational and Supervisor Ron Briggs felt they were pertinent to the remaining agenda items. They are expected to be brief presentations.
Item #3 is about a study for the Green Valley Corridor.
Item #4 is about increasing the public notification for projects. It is currently only 500'.
Item #5 is about Community Region Lines, which are urban boundary lines. The staff is recommending that the Board of Supervisors (BOS) defer action on this. We need as many people as possible to show up and request that the BOS reject the staff's recommendation and instead move forward with removing the Shingle Springs Community Region Line. Shingle Springs does not want to be a target for high density development.
Item #6 is the Early Review policy that will require all projects needing a General Plan Amendment to come before the BOS for a hearing to decide if they warrant further processing. We need as many people as possible to show up and request that the BOS approve this policy immediately and start hearings to review and deny projects like San Stino and Tilden Park.
REMINDER: What can you do?
1. Be at the September 30th meeting to tell the BOS to take action and deny the projects and remove the Community Region Line. This is an important day. There is power in numbers and we encourage you to be at the meeting if you can.
Monday, September 30, 2013, 10:00am
Board of Supervisors Meeting Room
330 Fair Lane, Building A
Placerville, CA 95667
2. Write emails and make phone calls telling the BOS that you want them to take action on September 30 and start the process to deny the San Stino and Tilden Park projects and to remove the Community Region Line (CRL). Contact information is below.
This has been a busy year for the Shingle Springs community and our vigilance is starting to pay off. We must stay focused on reminding the BOS that they are to represent the will of their constituents. That is why we urge you to make those phone calls and send those emails. As one resident says, "A phone call a day keeps San Stino away!" And how about, "A phone call a day keeps Tilden Park away!" And one more, "An email a day takes the CRL away!"
We are not going to give you a template for this one. The phone calls and emails need to come from your heart. If you are tired of taking time off from work to attend meetings, tell the Board. If you want them to stop wasting our time and to take action, tell the Board. We are the people, and the Board serves at the will of the people. Tell them. Phone them. It only takes a few minutes a day. We can do this!
Contact information for Board of Supervisors:
1. Ron Mikulaco, Supervisor District I, (530) 621-5650, email@example.com
2. Ray Nutting, Supervisor District II, (530) 621-5651, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Brian Veerkamp, Supervisor District III, (530) 621-5652, email@example.com
4. Ron Briggs, Supervisor District IV, (530) 621-6513, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Norma Santiago, Supervisor District V, (530) 621-6577, email@example.com
Thank you to all for staying vigilant and speaking up to keep Shingle Springs rural!